Things we've all heard as a child

What's up, everyone? This is Sharieli Balakrishnan here. And of course, my usual question - How. Are.You? Hope everyone's doin' alright! I'm sure most of 'em have crossed their days as a little child. So today's blogging topic is about the things we've all heard as a child. Let's get started!

1. Eat! Or else Bogeyman will come and kidnap you!
Whoa! Who on earth is this Bogeyman? I've seen Crooked man. I've seen Superman. I've seen Sand Man. I've even seen A.R Rahman. But who is this Bogeyman? Plus, people 'literally' say “Bogeyman is waiting on the corner of our street.” Next time, you notice this injustice happening to any toddler, Stop it right there! PEOPLE! LET'S FIGHT FOR TRUTH!


2. A grandma is cooking Vadas (donuts with spice) on the moon.
This story is too ancient and still making a sensation around every generation's infants. Bet she is immortal to live and cook for more than 150 years. And now it is proven that Neil Armstrong was not the first man to land on the moon. This grandma was the first person to land on the moon. This grandma was the first lady to land on the moon. This grandma was the first grandma to land on the moon. This grandma was the first person to get oil and spices on the moon. This grandma was the first person to cook Vadas on the moon. NASA should get a chance to talk to her and improve themselves.


3. Bird poop brings good luck.
Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Eww!! How come bird's poop bring good fortune?! And I've witnessed people still believing this 'shit' shit. Physically grown, but mentally a baby. Do you know how many Bacteria are in the guano? You'll get a strange disease, not any good luck.


4. If you eat seeds, plants start to grow in your stomach!
WTH, bro! By using the advantage of the fact that the kid doesn't know the world, people can't share this stupid theory. And the suffering of the kid's brain after she realizes she ate a seed is unbearable.


5. If you do this again, I'll pack you up and send you to a boarding school! 
I am pretty confident that all of you MUST have heard your parents’ vocal cord shouting this famous dialogue. In fact, this dialogue is the reason why many of them have reformed from their life’s biggest mistakes, like not completing their homework, failing in an exam, having a fight with friends, etc.

6. Fallen eyelashes grant you wishes.
Confession time - Sharieli Balakrishnan believed and did this a hella times. I used to wish for many things in one go; guess I was too greedy. And maybe that’s why things I starved for didn’t come true, unless and then it comes true in its own random way. And the next important thing is to not tell anyone what your wish is. If you tell, then your wish won’t come true.
I cannot stop laughing at my past-self!! lol

7. If someone walked over you, you’ll stop growing.
Let’s take an example - What if a baby is playing with a bit-grown baby and accidentally the baby walks over the bit-grown baby? Now what’s going to happen? Will the bit-grown baby stop becoming a full-grown adult? 

Time changes, People change. Even though, I consider these things silly now, I cannot deny the fact that my younger version fell for ‘em. And I can say everyone must've heard these things beyond doubt.
Hope the blog was entertaining. This is Sharieli Balakrishnan signing off. Leave a comment below or suggestion below.
Thank you!

Comments

  1. Epic, mate. I haven't heard all of this, but wow!! Great post. Keep blogging and rocking, mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember u telling me bout the eyelash fact in 5th grade n made me believw it , btw the blog was crazy.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness it is awesome Sharieli. I was laughing the entire time while reading it. Even I have fallen for a few of these. Especially the forth one. I always used to wonder about it. Keep it up Sharieli.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone!
    πŸ’œπŸ™‚πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharieli - the list goes on! But its great that you used the Indian sayings. πŸ‘Œ I kind of feel its these little things (that happen during our kiddy days) that brings a smile to our faces when we are adults. So laugh it away!! πŸ€—πŸ˜„
    BTW. I still believe in the 'eyelash" ..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who is me?

Go, ARMY, Go!

Fashion - What the...